Essential Guide to Shoulder Pain & Relief
Shoulder pain typically affects one shoulder due to an injury or repetitive movement or over-working the joint. However, patients can have shoulder pain in both shoulders at the same time. Either way, this pain affects your daily activity. Whether it is driving, reaching for an item in the kitchen, typing on the computer or wanting to get back into your activities that may have caused the pain in the first place (think tennis, golf, other sports) a pain in the shoulder needs to be treated and healed. Find out some common information on shoulder pain, injuries and how to help this part of your body heal, including natural ways to avoid shoulder surgery.
At Home Management
Cianci Chiropractic has created this Essential Guide to Shoulder Pain Relief to help those in the community to find the answers they need to find natural ways to avoid shoulder surgery and get relief from their shoulder symptoms.
Causes of Shoulder Pain
Shoulder pain can be the result of an injury or overuse. Like any pain, shoulder pain that comes on suddenly is called acute pain, and it is often the result of a sprain, strain or tear in the muscles and ligaments of the shoulder. Chronic shoulder pain is pain that lasts longer than three (3) months, and its root cause is much more challenging to identify, though there are some likely culprits.
- How to Have Fun This Winter Without Shoulder Pain
- Change Your Sleeping Position to Avoid Shoulder Pain
- Shoulder Pain Causes
- Getting to the Source of Shoulder Pain
- The Effect of Excessive Weight Gain on Your Neck and Shoulders
- Common Causes of Tingling or Burning Shoulder Pain
- You Dislocated Your Shoulder, Now What?
Symptoms of Shoulder Pain
Shoulder pain can be dull, achy, or sharp. It can limit shoulder mobility and often it is just one shoulder that is in pain at a time. As most people have a stronger side to their body than the other (this is typical if you are right or left-handed, tending to reach for items with that hand/arm) the side that is more active/dominant seems to be the one that has the pain. When diagnosing shoulder pain, we also take into account how long you have been experiencing pain and what activities bring it on.
At Home Management of Shoulder Pain
When it comes to identifying the root cause of your shoulder pain and exploring natural ways to avoid shoulder surgery, coming in for regular adjustments and strength building are only parts of the journey to successful management of shoulder pain. Even though it may not seem related, eating properly, stretching and exercising at home are important parts of the puzzle too. Reinforcing the good work that happens at Cianci Chiropractic with equally good work between visits will accelerate healing and lead to faster and more complete pain relief. Check out our resources below to find the best strategies for managing your shoulder health from the comfort of home.
Shoulder Pain Treatment & Natural Ways to Avoid Shoulder Surgery
Once the root cause of your shoulder pain has been identified, you then treat your shoulder pain by improving alignment, flexibility and strength. You have several choices when it comes to managing your shoulder pain, from invasive surgery (which may not even solve the issue) to natural ways to avoid shoulder surgery, including manual or instrument-assisted chiropractic adjustments, massage, physical therapy and acupuncture. Your chiropractor at Cianci Chiropractic will take your unique circumstances into account when they develop your personalized care plan.
- Shoulder Pain Treatment
- Shoulder Pain Is Gone: ‘It’s Mind-Blowing’
- Back To Shouldering Everyday Life
- Getting Older? Don’t Give In Just Yet
- Life’s Lessons On A Wakeboard
- Chiropractor Helps Carver Carve A Path To Wellness
- Nearing 80, She Bet On Chiropractic Care, And Won
- Kathleen Hopkins And The Legacy Of A Book Bag
- In Health Care, ‘Hope is Not A Strategy
- Melody Sings ‘New And Happy Song”
- Optometrist Seeks ‘Elite Fitness’
- Melody Sings ‘New And Happy Song’
- Finding Joy In Life And ‘Making Memories’
- At 75, ‘I Feel Really Good’
- Chiropractic Care: A New Way Of Life
- Notes Of A Fan Of Chiropractic Care
- Car Buff On The Fast Track To Wellness
- As With Tractors, The Farmer Needs Upkeep
- ‘I Couldn’t Even Reach The Seatbelt’
- ‘I Could Not Do Anything’
- She’ll Try To ‘Beat The Blerch’
- A Light At The Tunel’s End
- Chiropractic Care Pays Dividends
- ‘Discovery’ Paves The Way To Arthritis Care